Annual Events‎ > ‎

Members Only Trout Fishing Derby

Saturday April 10, 2010
 
RULES 

Members Only. No Children. 

Location: Upper Pond 

Derby starting time: 7:00 a.m. 

Ending time: 10:00 a.m. 

Registration fee: $15.00 ( This fee includes all food including any egg sandwiches, etc., coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. This fee may be prepaid at the Ham Shoot.) 

Prizes will be awarded for the first trout caught; the longest trout; and the first person to catch the limit of 3 trout

A special cash prize will be awarded for the selected tagged trout caught during the derby. The fee for this special derby is $5.00. Tag #1 pays 10% of the total collected. Tag #2 pays 15% of the total collected, and tag #3 pays 25% of the total collected. After 10 a.m., if the tagged trout are not caught, all entry money for this special derby will be deposited into the fish fund. 

Ron Keith is the official honorary judge. 

No boats will be allowed on the Upper Pond until Sunday, April 18, 2010. 

The daily limit of trout for a member shall be three per day. 

All trout caught must be taken as the daily creel (three per day) including catch and release. 

No brush or trees are to be cut around either pond. 

Breakfast will be available at the Upper Pond starting at 5:00 a.m. The menu will include: egg sandwiches with ham, bacon, or sausage, coffee/tea/hot chocolate. The cost of all food items is included with the registration fee. 

A cash refreshment bar will be available at the pond. (Soda and bottled water $0.50 each, beer and other beverages $1.00 each.) 

Any trout taken from either the Middle Pond or the Upper Pond must be at least 10 inches long. Any trout caught less than 10 inches must be returned to the pond; these trout will not count for the daily creel of three trout per day. 

For additional information contact

Tony Orsini at 860-589-6684 or

Bill Pirog at 860-589-6024. 



Comments